
The whole reason I hooked up with my husband was so I could get free karate lessons for Clara and for myself. Look what I get for being greedy!
Just kidding. About both. BUT REALLY. The reason I went up to Scott at the bar that night was because I knew he taught karate and I wanted to ask him about getting Clara into class. Well, four and a half years later, and neither one of us takes any classes at all! Clara really doesn’t have time right now, soccer takes up enough of her life as it is. But there is no excuse for me! I can get a private lesson in the living room…so why aren’t I?
I don’t know. First, I’m definitely more into the private lessons. I have taken group classes from him in the past, and let me tell you – it is not fun to call your husband “Master” in front of other people. Also, I remember when my mom and I got giggly in class. We both got a stern look from the Master. It’s reeeeeeeeeally hard not to say anything when stuff like that happens. I know he has friends whose wives take classes from them. But Scott is meaner than them, probably. Honestly – I’m more afraid of how I will react in front of students and parents than anything else…because…he’s the boss at the karate school, and I know for a fact I won’t have any say-so up there at all. Don’t get me wrong – he’s a good guy –it’s the reason he does what he does instead of working for someone else. He has to be in charge.
Back to private lessons. Why am I not taking them? I have access to THE most talented martial arts instructor in the country right at my fingertips, and I am not taking advantage of this. He really is something else. You should see him in action. You should see him teach. The parents are charmed (yes I have seen more than one karate mommy look at him in adoration…it’s true!), the kids are simultaneously fearful and in awe, as well as eager to please and respectful of him. He just has a way with teaching. It’s the real reason I am with him. I took one look at him teaching Clara and I knew!
So, not only is he the best instructor you will ever find, he’s just so talented! He moves with the speed of lightning, and has almost knocked my block off on more than one occasion when I’ve come home late at night, and he wakes up groggy, not remembering that I’ve been out. The last time that happened and he showed up in the hallway with some kind of weapon, I told him he better keep his phone by the bed from now on when I’m out, because I’m calling at least once before I walk in the door.
Well, when I started this post, my point was about karate lessons and this has kind of turned into a people review. So, I’ll just go ahead and say it before I go on another tangent. I am going to start private lessons! Every Friday afternoon I am going to have a private lesson and then we are all going to a family dinner. Does that not just sound fantastic? I think Friday is going to be my favorite day of the week from now on.
Although I have TONS more I could say about my husband, I will leave most of them for another day since this post is already so long. I’ll just stick to the karate part of him, and let everyone who reads this blog (all two of you, plus probably Scott – I’m sure I’ll direct him here since I wrote specifically about him) how amazing he is at what he does. Both the karate part and the business side. There is no way in a hundred lifetimes I could start and keep my own business. He works all the time. Even when he’s not working, he’s working. It’s true. The things he has to come up with blow me away. I don’t know how he keeps track of everything. I don’t even know what all he has to keep track of! It’s insane, really.
So, in conclusion, I highly recommend Scott if you ever want to take martial arts lessons.
I promise that’s not all he is about, and one day I will go into the other incredible things that make up who my husband is.
Just kidding. About both. BUT REALLY. The reason I went up to Scott at the bar that night was because I knew he taught karate and I wanted to ask him about getting Clara into class. Well, four and a half years later, and neither one of us takes any classes at all! Clara really doesn’t have time right now, soccer takes up enough of her life as it is. But there is no excuse for me! I can get a private lesson in the living room…so why aren’t I?
I don’t know. First, I’m definitely more into the private lessons. I have taken group classes from him in the past, and let me tell you – it is not fun to call your husband “Master” in front of other people. Also, I remember when my mom and I got giggly in class. We both got a stern look from the Master. It’s reeeeeeeeeally hard not to say anything when stuff like that happens. I know he has friends whose wives take classes from them. But Scott is meaner than them, probably. Honestly – I’m more afraid of how I will react in front of students and parents than anything else…because…he’s the boss at the karate school, and I know for a fact I won’t have any say-so up there at all. Don’t get me wrong – he’s a good guy –it’s the reason he does what he does instead of working for someone else. He has to be in charge.
Back to private lessons. Why am I not taking them? I have access to THE most talented martial arts instructor in the country right at my fingertips, and I am not taking advantage of this. He really is something else. You should see him in action. You should see him teach. The parents are charmed (yes I have seen more than one karate mommy look at him in adoration…it’s true!), the kids are simultaneously fearful and in awe, as well as eager to please and respectful of him. He just has a way with teaching. It’s the real reason I am with him. I took one look at him teaching Clara and I knew!
So, not only is he the best instructor you will ever find, he’s just so talented! He moves with the speed of lightning, and has almost knocked my block off on more than one occasion when I’ve come home late at night, and he wakes up groggy, not remembering that I’ve been out. The last time that happened and he showed up in the hallway with some kind of weapon, I told him he better keep his phone by the bed from now on when I’m out, because I’m calling at least once before I walk in the door.
Well, when I started this post, my point was about karate lessons and this has kind of turned into a people review. So, I’ll just go ahead and say it before I go on another tangent. I am going to start private lessons! Every Friday afternoon I am going to have a private lesson and then we are all going to a family dinner. Does that not just sound fantastic? I think Friday is going to be my favorite day of the week from now on.
Although I have TONS more I could say about my husband, I will leave most of them for another day since this post is already so long. I’ll just stick to the karate part of him, and let everyone who reads this blog (all two of you, plus probably Scott – I’m sure I’ll direct him here since I wrote specifically about him) how amazing he is at what he does. Both the karate part and the business side. There is no way in a hundred lifetimes I could start and keep my own business. He works all the time. Even when he’s not working, he’s working. It’s true. The things he has to come up with blow me away. I don’t know how he keeps track of everything. I don’t even know what all he has to keep track of! It’s insane, really.
So, in conclusion, I highly recommend Scott if you ever want to take martial arts lessons.
I promise that’s not all he is about, and one day I will go into the other incredible things that make up who my husband is.

1 comment:
Good Lord! Thats a little much. If your dad reads this, he is going to give me so much crap! Thank you for being so proud of me! I love you Nae Nae.
Scott
Post a Comment