So, James never ever ever ever goes to sleep well. It's a battle every single night, and usually on into the middle of the night to KEEP him asleep and in bed.
Last night was no exception. I put him in my bed, where he likes to start, knowing I would move him to his bed when I turn in for the night. I went in there time and time again and told him to close his eyes. Each time, he responded by animatedly flipping over to his tummy and squeezing his eyes shut as tight as they would go. Only to open them right back up and hop around on the bed as soon as I was gone.
I happened to be in the kitchen when Scott got home, and he came in and said, "you should see our little boy."
"Is he STILL UP?" I said with a sigh.
"Yeah, he's reading a book, he looks like a tiny adult in there."
"Grrrr. I told him to GO TO SLEEP!"
So I went in the bedroom and sure enough, he was adorable. I watched him for a few moments, and then approached him slowly. As soon as he saw me, the book went FLYING and he flopped down and squeezed those eyes. Timidly, he opened them and looked at me, and I looked at him, trying not to bust out laughing.
Then he said in a tiny little scared voice..."what are you going to do, Mommy?"
Hahaha! What kind of a monster am I? What am I going to do? Like...what did he think?
Well that was adorable x 100 so I said, "what do YOU think I should do?" and he said, "I think you should snuggle with me."
And...so that's what I did. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment