Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Big girl

I love my big girl room.

I've never had a big girl room before. It's so pretty. With its blue walls, pure snow white duvet, white framed mirrors, crystal (esque) lamps with square white shades, perfect wall art (that I did all by myself) that throws a splash of orange into the mix...it's just wonderful. Just, well, don't tell my husband that it is a big girl room. He really likes it.

Okay I think I'm ready to tell you. I haven't smoked since I got home from Vegas. No, I take that back. I smoked one cigarette on Saturday night at Adrienne's house. With Hairy. Hairy let me bum a smoke. And then, at my mom's (and dad's - but I just call it my mom's), I took two drags off my sister's Marlboro Ultra Light. And...I thought it was yuck! I really did! This is not to say that I am over it or this is easy or that I don't WANT to smoke anymore, this is just to say - I might actually be done smoking. You notice I did NOT say that I have quit smoking. Because, well, chances are, I haven't. I don't want to fail AGAIN so I am not saying that I am quitting. I know, I know...what a great attitude to have in something! But, for realzies, I have "quit" before and never quit. So I'm just not saying it.

I hope my children inherit my don't-challenge-yourself-or-believe-that-ya-got-it-in-ya attitude. Yes, I hope they go through life aiming for a little less than mediocre and landing just right above it in most things, thereby (LOL, I sure did just say "thereby") being pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed. Because if you aim for the top and you fall even a little short, you're gonna be sad. So, do what I do. Shoot for right below average! It will change your life!

OFCOURSEIAMKIDDINGIWANTMYKIDSTOAIMHIGH.

No comments: