Monday, September 29, 2008

Sunday, Clara came home with a HUGE knot on her head. She'd had a soccer game and got kneed right on the side of her noggin. I swear, it was like a golf ball or an egg was growing right out of her. POOR baby :( It's finally getting better, but her head is really tender. It's hard for her to wash or brush her hair still.

Sunday evening we celebrated Dad's birthday. My sisters, the sons-in-law and I got him a really cool fire pit. It's really big, square, and has about, I dunno...4 inches of slate pieces all around the edge. I think he likes it! He better...Steph and I went to Lowe's, Home Depot, Outdoor Kitchens, Hearth House, Garden Ridge and Target looking for the perfect one...only to go back to the first place we went to purchase the first one we liked. Go figure. OH well. He's our daddy! He's a great daddy!

James always wants to play with his besties, Jackson and Lane. The other day I tried to call their mom, Courtney, and couldn't reach her. James was up my butt asking over and over if they were coming over, and I told him I couldnt get a hold of their mom to ask. Yesterday, he said "Um, Mommy? You should try to call Courtney again today. Maybe you'll finally get the hang of her." :)

So, after my terrible mishap with my pants yesterday, I was sitting here at work, and the strap of my shoe broke. I wasn't walking, or even standing. I was sitting at my desk with my legs crossed, absolutely no pressure on my right shoe whatsoever. And it just broke! I just slammed the damn thing in the trash...and then slammed the other one in the trash behind it. Whatever. I left work and walked through the parking lot with bare feet and stapled pants yesterday. I was dressed no better than a hobo. My hair and makeup were better...but my clothes. Man.

So I bought some new black shoes yesterday. I didn't really give them a good go at the store because I had James with me, and I was in a hurry. Too bad, because this morning when I got ready for work, I put my new shoes on and they're at least a size too big. I have two tissues stuffed into the toe of each shoe and they're still not fitting right :( Will I ever get it right??? I absolutely cannot wear these shoes again, and I'm going to have to buy new ones.

1 comment:

Steecay said...

oh shannon. You make me feel so good about myself :)