Friday, August 15, 2008

okay! people reviews! (Stacie)


All right, so besides product reviews, I'm going to give people reviews. I may not always have something totally interesting to write about, so sometimes I'll just make a post dedicated to one person in my life, tell you all about him or her, and write a little review about how wonderful or suckalicious they are.

Let's do my sister Stacie today.

Stacie was a beautiful child. The most beautiful of the siblings in our family. Cherubic blond curls and chubby cheeks. Perfect blue eyes. An ever-so-slight hint of buck teeth from her finger-sucking habit. She was amazing looking from the second I saw her. She was born via c-section and didn't have the weird misshapen head that a lot of babies do (more on that when i write about Clara). Her only imperfection right after birth was her nose. She rubbed her little nose so much on her sheet that she rubbed a scab that pretty much covered the entire tip of her nose. You can see it in her birth pictures from the hospital. But other than that...physically perfect!

Stacie's always been the little airhead of the family. I don't think she minds that title (let me know if you do, Stace).

We have all kinds of stories about Stacie’s absent-mindedness, feel free to share your own in the comments section. Of course, the most famous and frequently revisited is the telephone story. It goes a little something like this…

Telephone: Ring, ring!
Stacie: Hello?
Caller: May I speak with Mr. SomeoneWhoDoesn’tLiveThere?
Stacie: Oh, you have the wrong number. May I take a message?

This story has been told literally hundreds of times, I am sure.

Another thing about Stacie that I TOTALLY dig is her misunderstanding of song lyrics. Now don’t get me wrong, we all do this, but Stacie comes up with the funniest ones and sings her heart out. The most famous of these is “Roll with it” by Steve Winwood. I think that’s it anyway. She thought “You gotta roll with it, baby!” was “you got a bald headed baby!” SEE? FUNNNNNNNNY.

When she was young, she didn’t say “blue” she said “bleeew.”

I’m super jealous of her tan skin and ^&*#ing amazing hair.

She has extremely stinky feet. She once ran us out of a THREE STORY CONDO with some sandals she left by the door on the bottom floor.

She is a fantastic momma. Her son is like, the second cutest little boy I’ve ever seen in my life. He is quite smart and has the coolest hair (more on that when I write about Andrew).

She is sensitive to others’ feelings and makes delicious cookies!

I am only recently realizing how much we look alike. I’ve heard it all my life, but we are asked pretty frequently if we are TWINS! This is actually only when we’re at the gym, both of us disgusting sweaty pigs with no makeup. We both make the Elvis Face when we lift weights. We’re both “healthy-sized” if you know what I mean. And I think you do.

To sum it up, and I’m not including enough to actually convey how wonderful and dear my most babiest sister Stacie is…but she and I have actually gotten along fairly well most of our lives (more on that when I write about Steph), but we’ve only recently become FRIENDS. And, I am so grateful to my parents that they had her. I love having sisters and I LOVE being friends with them. I feel really, really lucky. I definitely would recommend this person to everyone I know!
Harts and love...

1 comment:

Steecay said...

OMG again shan. SITCBMMFBEO. Can you figger that one out?