Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Product review!

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

Gotta get you some. These things truly are like magic. They are so versatile. I use them to clean my walls, my counters, my sinks, tubs, shower doors, hard floors, cabinets, etc.

My rent house kitchen is almost all white. And it had not been scrubbed down, really, since I bought it five years ago. I got some extra strength MCMEs and just kind of wiped down all the cabinets. Was a BREEZE! I had actually started with vinegar and paper towels and I was having to use my fingernail to scrape off some stuff. So I sent Scott to the store for the MCMEs and it made all the difference in the world. We're talking like 30 minutes for the entire kitchen, where it probably would have taken me at least an hour, probably longer, if I'd tried to do the entire thing with other cleaning methods.

These also work WONDERS on the inside of the microwave. You know how nasty it can get in there...well in my house anyway. The inside of my mom's microwave always looks new, but whatever.

Also is wonderful on kind of textured surfaces, like my fridge door and handle.

Two pieces of caution, though:

First, if you are using it on semi-gloss, satin or anything other than flat paint, you should be fine. If you are using it on a wall that has flat paint, be careful - it can take the paint right off. I personally haven't had much of a problem with it, and I have had no problem on non-flat paint. But some people do...just be careful. Test a small area or something.

Second, don't clean your kid with these. There was a blog somewhere about a woman who let her five year old clean with the MCME and he tried to clean his own skin - arms and face - and it wasnt pretty. Anyway mom got really mad and lashed out at MCME. Come on.

One more thing - supposedly the store brand magic erasers work just as well as the Mr. Clean brand. I have tried them and I disagree. They fall apart easier and don't clean as well in my tests. Also, the extra strength Mr. Clean brand is better than the regular, though the regular isn't bad.

Later, haters!

No comments: