Today at the grocery store...James sees the watermelon display. "Look Daddy," he says, "HUGE, GIANT PEAS!"
Wheepooooo! that was cute.
Okay just a tiny blurb about my husband. He has mowed the lawn like the last four or five weeks (that's usually my job)...I don't even ask. He just does. He's picked up dog poop out of the yard and changed the cat's litter box. He showed up at my work today to bring me my new shampoo and deep conditioning treatment AND a rockin' new wallet, complete with bling. AND he bought my mother one, too. Wha?? Also, he made Clara breakfast in bed yesterday. AND! He bought me a replacement Magic Bullet since I wore my last one out, but I couldn't bring myself to buy another one, even though I loved it. My favorite part was the breakfast in bed for Clara...because he never even mentioned it to me...I found out from her by accident (I was griping at her for leaving a plate in her room, and she explained that it had just been brought in there that very morning, you know, because stepdaddy had brought her breakfast to wake her up).
Speaking of that, I decided to make some homemade sorbet for James with my Magic Bullet. I threw in some frozen raspberries and a couple tablespoons water. WHRRRRRRRRR! And it's done. It's this beautiful, vibrant red color, and its texture is inviting and gorgeous. Even Clara wants a taste and she's the pickiest girl EVER. So I give her the first taste. Bad idea - ya should've seen her face. Knowing how picky she is I give her a hard time and take a bite of my own. YOWZAS. Tastes like...I don't know...some kind of sour, bitter something. Icky!!! I don't know if the raspberries were bad or if maybe I should have added some sugar (defeating the purpose of the all natural dessert I was going for). So today I bought some strawberries and pineapple. Going to freeze those and try again tomorrow. See if I can't make it happen. Cross your fingers for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment