Thursday, August 28, 2008

Going, going...dang.

We met James's new teacher today. She seems really nice and he was partly nervous, partly excited, partly overwhelmed. But TOTALLY cute.


And when his teacher was showing him where his cubby was, she said "Look James, can you find your name?" and then didn't give him time to find it and said "that's okay, i'll show you, here it is." I was all (inside my head), "oh Miss Mari, James is a genius, he can write his name and almost every letter...you don't have to show him..." but I figure she'll realize that before long.

I took Clara school shopping Sunday and we got her a few DARLING outfits and a couple of cute pairs of shoes. They're tennies, but they're CUTE tennies, little Mary Jane type dealies. Anyway. First day of school she wears her leggings, new black shoes, a babydoll t-shirt and a peasant looking tank top thingie, we curl her hair and flip it out. Second day, she wears her new brown shirt, brown plaid shorts and brown shoes. Two braids.

Well, that's all I'm going to get out of her this year I guess. Because Day 3, she wanted to wear her freakin soccer PRACTICE clothes and new athletic shoes her dad bought her. Sigh. Same thing today, Day 4. My daughter, the super jock.

She was absolutely pleased as punch with herself because she managed to get off the bus today with no back sweat. It's the little things, am I right? She figured out the best seat on the bus for staying cool...the other days she's come home with a soaking wet back. I'm glad she figured it out and I really feel for the poor kindergartener who sits in that seat before Clara gets on the bus. She'll dropkick him/her right into the seat behind the driver. I kid. She'd NEVER.

No comments: