Monday, August 18, 2008

My life

So I thought it might be fun to tell you a little bit about our home life and my thoughts on parenting.

1. No TV. We never turn on the TV (and that is because we gave ours to a homeless blind man). I don't judge people who let their children sit in front of the television all day, but I choose to actually play with my children. As a special treat once a month, we might let them use the portable DVD player and watch one VeggieTales episode. There are just better things to do, like jog or sweep!

2. All organic raw vegetables. We don't eat meat in this house at all. A typical lunch in our house is like this: i put various foods on trays and we pick and choose what we like. For example, I might put homemade hummus, raw string beans, carrots, parsley, and whole garlic cloves on a tray, and then we just kind of eat what we want out of those items.

3. Homeschooling. I prefer to teach my children myself. I am the smartest person I know and the most moral to boot, so I feel confident that I am best equipped to educate my angels. Plus, I don't like alone time, and I rather prefer to spend every. single. waking. moment. with my loveys.

4. A lot of people come to my house and ask me how I keep it so perfect, clean and organized and smelling fresh. Well, not only am I kind of a superwoman and just naturally keep my house clean, but I have taught all nine of my children (ranging from age 6 months to 6 years) how to clean. The 18 month old is in charge of toilets, the 6 year old does the mopping, baseboards and ceiling fans, and everyone inbetween has their own jobs too. It works great for us.

5. Believe it or not, my husband and I NEVER fight. We have a dream relationship. We STILL get the major butterflies in our tummies every time we see each other. And I mean EVERY time. It could be that we are watching a movie on the DVD player and one of us has to "drop the kids off at the pool," if you know what I mean...well the second we open the door when we're finished...it's like, we've never seen each other before. It's delicious!

6. I am beautiful and smart and wonderful because JESUS LOVES ME. All you people who are not as attractive, etc., it’s because My Sweet Savior doesn’t love you the way he loves me. And you didn’t pray hard enough. I feel sorry for you because this is the truth! Jesus blesses those he loves the most! Also, this is why I am LOADED with money.

Well those are just a few of the things that make me ME! I have tons of other qualities that I’m sure I will write about later, not to brag, you know…just to let you know.

SO, YEAH, JUST KIDDING. FYI, I hate blogs of moms who brag about what good moms they are. I hope that doesn’t offend anyone. I am a little hooked on a blog where a mom goes on and on and on about these things. And what I want to do is eat a TON of enchiladas and then throw them up on her. I don’t know why I keep reading her blog. Fascination with abomination I suppose. Ick, ugh. Because if you hear me brag about my kids, it’s because the boy stopped cussing in public. Or the girl has mastered text message lingo. Or the boy learned how to count to five in Spanish by watching PBS. Or that I’ve purchased 50%-less-sugar juice and then made my own popsicles and then let the kids have them for breakfast. And I will not lie – I do love being with my kids, and I miss them like crazy when they’re not with me, but GAH I really need my alone time. This particular mom, I think truly believes, that she is rich and pretty because she prays hard enough and Jesus thinks she deserves it. Barfola.

Anyway. Like I said I’ve been reading this blog and I had to get this off my chest. So if you are a blogger and you behave like this, please know that you completely irritate the hell out of me, and I surely can’t be the only one.

Oh, PS, I TOTALLY agree with her about the husband thing. Butterflies, butterflies, butterflies. :) Well, okay, maybe not butterflies, and maybe he irritates me like nobody else ever has or ever will, but I have no doubt in my mind he is still the best, most trustworthy man I’ve ever met in my life. And I’m super lucky to have him. For real.

Keep praying for beauty and riches, yo!

No comments: