Thursday, August 14, 2008

Giving it a try

I'm going to give this blog thing a try...wish me luck!

I am sure that nobody gives a beep about most of the things I plan to write about, but oantcur.

So anyway, here's what's going on, in a nutshell:

Me: Getting ready for a girls' trip to Vegas at the beginning of next month. This is going to be a low key, maybe not even showing our faces on the strip kind of trip. Can't wait! Also, getting ready to have my renter move in tomorrow. I really like the guy. He seems like a sweetie, although he's quite a youngin - he called me his landlady and I giggled and said I felt like Helen Roper...and he was like, "uh, who??" SIGH. Also getting ready to have a garage sale to raise a little spending money for Vegas and to clear the clutter from my home and mind. I honestly can't take it anymore, and although I've fought it for a lifetime, I am turning into my mother. I decided to embrace it and love it instead of reject it...I might be in the midst of becoming a nutty woman with a slight case of OCD, who cleans up people's drinking glasses before they've finished their drinks...but I will be clean! I'm actually looking forward to it. Lastly, I am pondering my choices in decorating my bedroom and bathroom. RIght now, my plan is to paint the walls in both an earthy green, with perhaps a brown wall for accent. I'm also trying to find the courage to paint the wood cabinets in the bathroom white. Wish me luck!

Scott: He's really whooping some you-know-what in several areas of his life. He doesn't love a lot of attention, so I'll just let you know that 1) he's really drumming up business for the karate school, and 2) I've never had so much help in my life with housework. Those are not the only areas where he you-know-what kicking, but we'll not embarrass the poor feller.

Clara: Had her orientation for 5th grade yesterday. Learned all about changing classes, using a locker, P.E. uniforms, etc. She's so excited, and so am I. She has a new, really cool and sweet stepmom too. Things are going great for Clara! You know, now that her burn is finally healing. Oh, did I not tell you? That she caught on FIRE? No? Well, see, what had happened was...she was bending over a candle looking at a picture and her shirt caught fire! She didnt get hurt too much...the bad blistery 3rd degree burn is only about as big as a silver dollar. It's still disgusting and really hurts her :( Poor kid!

James: He's just trucking away. Learning to spell and add and playing on the computer. He's so super smart - it amazes me sometimes...and then other times...it's like he doesn't have a clue in life. You know, like when it comes to going to bed on time. Or cleaning his room. Tell him to clean his room and you might as well be talking to a box of rocks. Ah well. We will work on it. Good news about James - he's finally on some allergy drops, and a combo of other various medications, that actually seem to be working! He hasn't had an asthma attack or broken out in his itchy, red, inflamed skin since I don't remember when. YAY! He's like a new boy!

OHHHH and. One more thing about yours truly. I had my first PROFESSIONAL makeup job last weekend. Maybe nobody liked the job I did, they SEEMED to, but people are LIARS. So i dont know. All's *I* know is...I thought everyone I did looked beautiful! So if you see me around, feel free to pat me on the back.

Hugs and kisses, hearts and love!

2 comments:

Steecay said...

OMG sha. That was the best bloggy blog I've ever read. ROTFLMMFFAO!!! Well, not really but it was good. Love you sissy.

Unknown said...

I thought you did a WONDERFUL job on the makeup shannon! I just added a little more eyeliner, I uh, well wanted to look more like a hooker...jk!

But for real, you did a great job. I would TOTALLY have you do it again.

Ps, I got lots of compliments on my makeup at the wedding