I cannot believe it is Friday again. Don't get me wrong - I am gladder than glad ever was. I just can't believe how time is flying!
Speaking of time flying, I have a birthday party to plan. Clara's going to be ELEVEN this month. I think this is going to be the year that she "becomes a woman." It happened to my mom, my sister and me at this age, and Clara definitely appears to be on that same track. I wonder if she's excited about it...I remember when I got my first period, my mom wasn't home and my cousing Derek and I were hanging out at the house. As soon as I saw, I KNEW...but I was in denial. My mother confirmed it though...and I was mortified. I did NOT want to start...I didn't want anyone to know. My sweet dad bought me earrings for the occasion and again, mortified. I didn't want to be alone with him for months because I was afraid he was going to want to talk about menstruation. Ah, if only I'd known...
But I think Clara is looking forward to hers a little bit, if you want to know the truth. We've been so nonchalant about talking about periods and the like, so she's less embarrassed than I was, I think. She asks questions about periods without hesitation and doesn't mind hearing about it (hearing about the actual baby-making freaks her the hell out, though, so we don't go there much). Anyway, I told her that when she's old enough to have a period and to have to deal with it, she'll be old enough to wear a tiny bit of makeup. We're taking about clear mascara and lipgloss...MAYBE a nude eyeshadow. So she's excited about that.
Anyway. I had absolutely no idea where this post was going when I started it. Still not really sure.
So I am going to a Halloween party this month and I don't know what I'm going to be. I was seriously considering Marilyn Monroe...BUT. I will be getting my hair highlighted before then and I am going a little darke for fall/winter so I don't know if I could pull it off without a wig, and I don't want to spend money on a wig OR wear one all night, so who knows.
Well, that's all I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You should go as that olympic softball girl. I mean maybe not everyone will recognize you but the ones who do will be wowed. Wowed?
Post a Comment