Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hodgepodge

A few funny things:

James calls the mummy Halloween decoration at Lowe's a "wrapped up mommy."

James now knows how to write his name, cat, dog, dad nut, and mimi (not so much funny as amazing, and i wanted to document it so I'll remember).

Grandma Dolloff was trying to log on to the PBS website at her house for James to play. She was having a hard time, and she said, "well James, I'm going to pbs.org and it isn't working." James said, "no Grandma! It's pbsKIDS.org." Take that, Grandmo!

My daughter apparently has two personalities. Home life personality and social life personality. She had a friend over the other day, and I can't even count how many times I heard her exclaim, "Dude!" Something I've never in my life heard her say.

A conversation relayed to me via email from Scott (copied and pasted):

James: "um, how should I put this?" pointing his pointer finger to his chin.
Me: What is it James?
James: "well, im hot."
Me: take your shirt off james.
James: "Thanks!"

Yesterday James came to me, and told me he needed to poop. "Go poop!" I said. He came back just a few seconds later, pulling up his britches. "If your butt just says (raspberry sound accompanied by silent blowing) then you dont have to wipe or flush...right?"

Annnnnnd now, a couple of really wonderful things.

I found a DARLING dining set on craigslist...it was a fabulous deal. Sadly, I dont think it's for sale anymore as I have not heard back from the seller. Anyway, I showed my mom and tried to justify the dollars I'd have to spend to get it...and she suggested that it would make a PERFECT Christmas gift. :):):):) Isn't that sweet!?

My mother in law emailed me today and asked if she could borrow Clara one Saturday this month. She and my sister in law want to take Clara to lunch and shopping for her birthday. Scott's parents and sister are NOT related to my daughter by blood. At all. And yet...they mean as much to her as MY parents and MY sisters. They love her as much and she loves them as much. It's as if it's always been this way...like they'd been there at the hospital for her birth. You would never know that they only met her a little less than 5 years ago. They are unbelievable people! Sometimes I cannot believe how fortunate I am that I have such a wonderful family. I mean, I really (for the most part) get along with my ex-husband, and I think his new wife is a great gal! Clara really digs her...and she treats Clara like gold. Step-families can be so complicated. Please do not get me wrong...Doug and I have our moments. I mean...big time. But we don't hate each other...we don't talk bad about each other to Clara...we aren't vindictive and we don't use Clara against each other. I really don't have it all that bad :)

Another person who loves Clara...Scott. She calls him Daddy or Step-Daddy, and while her biological dad holds her heart the way no other person will (including me), she totally respects Scott, loves him, and is proud of him. And he feels about her the way any dad would feel about his daughter. He loves her, he has high expectations for her, he hates how fast she's growing up and at the same time loves to watch her grow and change. This family was just MEANT TO BE!

Last night I had quite a breakdown about one area of my life and Scott was so great. He held me, he talked to me, he comforted me...I would have cried for hours, I am sure, if he had not been there to make me feel better. I was so grateful to have him last night. I get embarrassed to cry uncontrollably in front of him (or anyone else for that matter)...but he's the only one I think I really would. Well except my mom and sisters. But that's different :) Anyway, thank God for him, thank God he was there, thank God he was patient and knew just what to do and say. Because I am FINE today. Just fine.

1 comment:

Steecay said...

So....James writes "dad nut" or "dad" and "nut"? Not important, just wanted to clear things up.