Friday, October 31, 2008

Last night James came in to wake us because he had wet the bed. I have been so tired lately - like I cannot figure out what is wrong with me. I guess I was just delirious when James woke me up, because I was trying to remember why I was in bed with Scott's brother. Yes, that's right, I thought that Scott's brother was spending the night at our house and for whatever reason, he had to sleep in the bed with me. I even almost stopped him from taking care of James, because of course, that isn't the uncle's job to clean up night pee...anyway, after a few moments of just not being able to remember why on earth Scott's brother was in my bed, THEN I remembered. Scott ain't got no brother. It's official, I am LOSING IT.



Yay for Halloween! And, yay for Adrienne's birthday! And, yay for Adrienne's and Kristen's Halloween party! I am super excited about my costume. I am a Goth Girl, whatever that means. I am just using Halloween as an excuse to dress how I would LOVE to dress all the time if social conventions and my real estate attorney boss did not prevent me from doing so. Just you wait, Enry Iggins, just you wait. I'm going to look awesome!



James came in with Scott a while ago to my work in full Spidey suit. Spidey went to say hello to Lola, who cried, "Wow! Spiderman has come to see me!" James, being the thoughtful little dude that he is, felt compelled to come clean. He took off his mask and made sure that Lola realized he was "just James." He is out for candy, not to dupe anyone.

Last night I visited Clara at camp. Before she left for camp, I asked her if she was interested in having me come up on parents' night. Normally I wouldn't have even asked, I'd have just shown up, but the New Clara is sometimes hard to figure out. Anyway she did not seem excited at the prospect of her stupid old mother coming to camp and embarrassing her in front of all her camper friends. But I went anyway. And boy, am I glad I did! When I got there, she shouted, "MOMMY!" and gave me a great big hug in front of everyone. She excitedly introduced me to all her little friends, including one she called "Midget." Midget had lovingly dubbed Clara "Giant." If you didn't guess, Midget is at least a foot shorter than Giant and apparently they are BFFs and inseparable and both big-time tomboys. Clara and her friends showed me some EXTRAORDINARILY DORKIFIED dance routines they made up, one worth mentioning was the Alfalfa one...Midget and Giant stand face to face, make caricature-type buck-toothed faces, and commence shouting "alfalfa! alfalfa! alfalfa!" in a totally hickified country accent, while looking in the opposite direction of one another. I am sooooo not kidding. What does that mean, you ask...well apparently alfalfa is the sounds an armadillo makes and that is the dance it does. WHATEVER. Anyway, she appeared to be super glad I came...she hugged me several times, kissed me, and called me Mommy.

See? That right there...that's the good stuff.

No comments: