Thursday, October 30, 2008

Inigo Montoya

“I do not think that word means what you think it means.” –Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride

What a great quote, what a great movie. One of my all-time absolute favorites. Always will be. I love to quote that movie and it’s especially fun when movie quotes can be used in real life.

For example, James and I were at Courtney’s yesterday. There was another mom, Michelle there, and five boys total, aged three to five. All the boys were outside playing and the moms were inside having beer and french fries we stole from the kids’ Happy Meals lemonade and cucumber sandwiches, when James came to the door.

VERY seriously he says, “Ummmmm….Mommy. I….have a….confession to make.”

*ALL the moms in the room die laughing and have a hard time keeping it inside*

“What’s your confession, James?”

“Um. Could you please tie this shoe?”

“I do not think that word means what you think it means.” –Mommy, Courtney’s house 2008

No comments: