Many of my shirts have little holes right in the belly of them. This used to happen to my dorky sister when she was in band in high school...i believe it was the cymbals, and I believe she'd catch her shirt between them and bang holes in them. But I do not play the cymbals. And yet...I still have holes in my shirts.
Why do you think this is?
So I did my 30 day workout DVD again last night. I am on a roll! I hope I can keep it up. I have no problem making excuses for myself when it comes to diet and exercise. The GREAT NEWS about this is that I asked my boss about working part time, at least for a while, after the new year. If this happens, I will be able to go to the gym nearly every day. Let me tell you - you may never guess this, but I love love love going to the gym. But I am particular about it. If I am going to get dressed and drive to the gym, I don't want to do a 20 minute workout. No mammary!*
Actually, my getting dressed for the gym is a workout in and of itself. First, two pairs of spandex shorts are required. They cannot be too short (chub rub) and they cannot be too long (inferno!) but there must be two, one to wear and one to suck me in. It is WAY uncomfortable to jiggle when you jog or tackle the elliptical for an hour (and I am goo-oo-ood at the elliptical). Which brings me to my next point...my sports bra. This thing cost $9,000 and was worth every penny. The brand is Enell and I adore it. However, the stretching and pulling I have to do to get it on sometimes leaves me breathless and I am sure burns a few calories. Last, my shoes. Well not just the shoes but TYING the shoes. Again with the stretching and the breathing exercises necessary to get down there for the 10 seconds it takes to tie the bows. Before I even walk out the door I'm already sweating. Nice! For real though...I like to go to the gym...Elliptical for an hour, weights for a half hour, stretch and then sit in the sauna up to a half hour. If I can't get all these things in, I HATE to go. Now that I think about it, I'm that way about a lot of things. If I have to halfway do it, I just do not do it. Hmmmm, probably why my closet stays such a mess. If I cannot clean it out perfectly, I just can't do it.
Hi, I'm Shannon, and I ramble on and on and on about stuff nobody cares about. My point is...hopefully I can work part time and spend some good quality time at the gym without feeling HORRIBLE about leaving my son in the gym daycare for 2 hours...he hates it.
Okay. So. Since I am obviously the most boring person in the world, I'll try to entertain with some pictures. Me hopey you likey.
*See past posts if this doesn't make sense to you.

2 comments:
FIRST of all I am TIRED from reading what all it takes just for you to GET to the gym! hahaha LOVE the pics..I mean they are priceless and the action shot of Clara should be in a magazine...from the one you love...Jennifer :)
OMG OMG OMG. I REALLY hope you start working full time. I am SO ready for you to come back to the gym with me. Oh yeah, Meoshi said to tell you hi. Do you know Andrew and Calem went to time out the other day at the gym? They did. They snuck into the bathroom together and SOOOOOOAKED eachother with water from the sink....well...they THINK it was from the sink.
Post a Comment