Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving? Mine was AWESOME. I took Wednesday off, so I had five days in a row off of work! And Scott was off all those days, too. He was supposed to go hunting that weekend, but it didn’t work out and he stayed home. We had such a good weekend :) Each year, we start a change jar. This year our change jar was an old (big) vinegar jug. We filled it nearly to the top with change and dollar bills, and when we finally cashed it in, we had about $320.00! That is a good chunk to go toward Christmas gifts. That’s what we always use the money for. It really is a good feeling to know that we’re going to have a nice amount to spend for Christmas, and it might as well be free money. $99 of that amount was dollar bills, mostly ones that we threw in here and there, but there were a few fives and one twenty…but it is all money that we don’t even miss. Yay!
I can’t help it if I like things neater nowadays. When I met my husband, I was an utter pig. Dirty laundry in the living room, dishes in the sink for weeks, every inch of counter space in the bathroom taken over by makeup and q-tips and dirty washcloths. Now, I like it NEAT. That does not mean it always is, but I like it that way. Scott’s the reverse. When I met him, he was neat. He gave in to my slovenly ways and now I’m paying for it. I cut my finger pretty good (pretty bad?) this weekend while making soup, as in, I kind of filet (WHAT is the past tense of that word??? That’s what I need right here) the top of my left index finger, so that there was a flap of skin dingle-danglin’ off of it. And it hurt like a MUTHA. So I wrapped my finger in a towel and went to Scott, nearly in tears. I told him what happened and he asked if I thought I needed stitches. I told him I didn’t think I did, but that I hadn’t really looked at it really good, because it hurt too much. As I was trying to gain composure so I could look at the wound, I said to Scott in a raspy, strained voice, “did…you know….that you….didn’t…throw away your cheese wrapper? You…left it…on the counter.” Scott just burst out laughing, and I was all, “What??? You did!” And he pointed out the fact that we were trying to decide if I needed to go to the E.R. and I was STILL bitching about him not throwing away his trash.
Speaking of clean…it’s one of my two favorite days of the month! Cleaning Lady Day! Boo Bee Bee Bah Bo Bee Boo!!!!!! I can’t wait to go home and inhale the scent of fake pine and lemon!
Also, fine, okay, I’ll tell you. I am on day 4 of Jenny Craig. So far, so good. Thank GOD Scott is doing it with me. I’d probably have fallen apart by now if he wasn’t. Not that he doesn’t need to lose weight too…but guess what. I have 150% the weight to lose that he does. That’s right, folks, 150%! Oh well, you just watch out. You’ve all seen ME hot. Five years ago (grooooooaaaaaaaaan) I was a hot-hot-hottie. But you’ve not seen my husband and me hot TOGETHER. We are going to blow ya mind. I’m not sure if you’ll still be friends with us, that is how hot we are going to be. Just keep in mind…hot people need love too. Just ask my sister.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment