Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Down I go!

Man, it is cold. I know, I know. It's winter. Winter's cold. That doesn't mean that sometimes it doesn't knock me on my butt anyway.

Since we started Jenny Craig, I have been eating homemade soup like CRAZY. The batch I made last night had chicken broth, squash, zucchini, onions, okra, carrots, cabbage, green beans, celery, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and green bell pepper. I think that's it. Anyway, all of those veggies are "free" so basically I can eat as much of them as I want. It's nice because I was shot all the way down to 1200 cals a day and I'd been used to around 95,000 cals a day. So this soup is a great filler. Well, I ate the last of my soup at lunch yesterday so James and I had to make a trip to the grocery store in this stupid cold weather. We stocked up on all the veggies, and of course some other things that the kids like to have. When we got home, Scott was already there! He'd stopped and gotten some firewood and had the fire going and he was outside messing with some Christmas decorations. I LOVE LOVE LOVE when Scott comes home early. It's just so rare for him to be there on a weekday evening - we never see each other all day, really, until about 9pm. It's kind of hard, so last night was a great surprise!

Speaking of Jenny Craig, tomorrow is our 3rd weigh in. So far, I'm down 11 and Scott is down 10. Wahoo!

Did I already tell you all of this stuff? It's hard to remember things when you're a frazzled old lady. Yes, I mean me.

No comments: