Tuesday, September 8, 2009

IIDSSM

Yesterday I took Clara to get her nails done. We went to a spa we’d never been to before, but it was the same ol’ story. The ladies were trying to talk Clara into the 40 dollar pedicure, PLUS the $2 each flowers on her big toes, PLUS the diamond like crystals for $2 each. Of course, Clara was not paying for the services so she was A-OK with getting the whole shebang. I slowed that roll and told Clara she could choose ONE toe to have a flower painted on but NO CRYSTALS. I mean come on! $2 each!

Anyway, Clara reluctantly made her decision and I left her to wander the spa and look at what other services were offered. Little did I know, I never should have left her side. What seemed like an instant after I began my tour, she appeared beside me with the woman who did her pedicure. She handed me a handwritten bill and the total was $104. $104??? What? Why!? I don’t understand! I kind of screamed as much.

The woman was quick to explain that Clara had opted for a teeth whitening procedure and she assured me that Clara had the cleanest, whitest teeth in town. My first thought was, “they talked my 11-year-old into this and performed it without asking me?!!!” and my second thought was “what about her braces?” Well my question was answered when Clara grinned at me. HER BRACES WERE GONE. She just smiled with almost-straight teeth and I blew up.

“THEY TOOK YOUR BRACES OFF???” I hollered. “No,” she said, “I took them off myself.”

Well, a big fight ensued, I ended up chasing the spa employees all over the place, I looked for my dad so he could help me, found out I was pregnant, and received a text message from Scott with a picture of a topless Denise Richards and a note attached saying “this reminds me of you…”

At least, that’s what happened in my dream.

As for what REALLY happened yesterday and the rest of the weekend, it was mostly home improvement for me. James spent the night with Mimi, and I painted the office. Then Scott and I went to see Inglorious Basterds. Not my cup of tea. Then again, most Tarantino movies are not my cup (cups??) of tea.

Anyway I woke up Saturday (James, Scott and I all slept in our bed and didn’t wake up till 11:30!!) and decided to get going on building the doors for the shelves in the office, and called Dad for help. He ended up staying with me pretty much all day Saturday building doors with me. It really was fun. We were back and forth to Lowe’s, we were back and forth inside and outside the house, sawing, drilling, cutting, measuring for hours and hours. One of the doors is slightly too small because apparently I don’t know the difference between eighths and sixteenths. Good thing 3/16 of an inch is pretty dang small or we’d have quite a problem. Oh well. It still looks pretty dang good IIDSSM (If I Do Say So Myself). Anyway, Dad and Scott and Looney were supposed to have gone hunting that day, but I sorta hijacked Dad all day long and they had to go the next day.

Sunday was more home improvement, painting the doors, spraypainting the doorknobs and hardware, all that fun stuff. I also installed a latch on Clara’s door to keep the dog out but yannow what? It didn’t work. The way the doors open (inward to the room) made it so that you could open them even with the latch closed. So I gotta think of something else. :(

Well this blog entry’s more than a little boring, I guess. I barely saw James all weekend, and I didn’t see Clara at all. Well, except when we were at the spa.

No comments: