Yesterday was a good day. I left work at noon, as per yoozh, came home and fed the boy, and then we were off. We first went to the shoe store because there were NO SHOES IN THE HOUSE THAT JAMES COULD WEAR. Sure, we *own* one pair of tennierunners that he can fit into but they were nowhere in sight. Any other shoe in the closet either didn’t fit or didn’t have a mate.
So, anyway, first stop: Famous Footwear. James has been begging for light-up Sketchers for months. We went straight to the Sketchers section and he immediately zeroed in on a black pair with green (GREEN, YAY!) lightning strikes on them. They really are awesome. I mean really. They had better be. I seriously think they cost more than any one pair of shoes I own. But you know how it is. If you buy your kids everything they want, then they will be nice to you. So I do what I gotta do.
We ran a few more errands and then picked up Clara from school. Got her home and hung out for a little while, and then James and I headed to the karate school. He’s so flippin cute in his black uniform and gold belt. He was the littlest person in his class and also the lowest belt (I think). But he held his own! He even got up in front of the class a couple times for demonstrations. I definitely laughed outloud during warmup time. Scott had the kids jump high as they could, and when James jumped, he kind of…well I don’t know how to explain it besides say that he shot his feet toward the back and landed completely horizontally on his belly. He’s his momma’s boy!
Speaking of Momma and her clumsiness, I wish someone could have seen the save I made with my cell phone a couple days ago. I was holding my phone and taking a necklace (it was long so I didn’t have to unclasp it – just pull it over my head) off while walking in the entry way. Well, my phone slipped and started to fall to the ground (AGAIN!!!! MY POOR PHONE). So being the graceful swan I am, I twisted around and bent over so my upper body was parallel to the floor. And I CAUGHT that sucker on my back. YesIDid! I stayed that way for a few moments, relishing the job I’d accomplished. And I couldn’t wait to blog about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
#1 Does that mean that you went to Famous Footwear with your shoeless child?
#2 It's Skechers. JSYK :) Are you going to change it or be a hardass like MckMama?
#3 Don't ever stop blogging.
Post a Comment