Well, the front door looks great! I’ve been wanting to paint it black for a long time, and couldn’t really get Scott on board. Once the varnish/stain at the bottom of the door started peeling from being in direct sunlight all the time, he figured it couldn’t look any worse if I painted it.
So yesterday I did, and it looks fabulous, if you want the honest truth, and I assume you do.
Stacie and I are almost finished with all our personal training sessions. And neither of us has lost any weight to speak of. I mean a little. But not much – not as much as we should have with as hard as we have been working out. HOWEVER. She and I are jogging. I don’t mean spurts of jogging and then walking, I mean, I RAN FOUR MILES AND SHE RAN THREE one day last week. For the week, I was at 9 miles! I haven’t done that in years, and while of course, I do want to lose weight, me being able to do this kind of physical activity means as much to me as being at a healthy weight. Seriously. AS MUCH. Also I figure if I keep it up and get to where I can run more and more, that will help with weight loss as well as motivation for eating better. Maybe. We’ll see.
Oh my James. While I am unable to fill you in on everything funny he’s said lately, I will do my best to highlight some of his greatest moments for the last, um, what, month? Yes I am terrible at blogging. Anyway.
James spent some time with Aunt Cindee a few weeks ago and when he was instructed to put down his puppets and clean up, he balked. “I told you I was going to play puppets six more times, Aunt Cindee!” Aunt Cindee informed him that I was on my way to come get him, and that he wouldn’t actually be playing puppets six more times as planned, and that he needed to clean up now. Not sure where the hostility and/or name calling came from, but James replied, “YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME, DOG.” Quickly, he learned that was not the case.
Recently, we played musical beds, as Scott and I bought a bigger bed for ourselves, gave ours to Clara, gave hers to James, and gave his to Andrew. After moving Clara’s bed to James’s room all by myself (no small feat – it is a captains bed with lots of parts AND scott was out drinking at the bar [good for him]), I realized just how much stuff Clara had crammed under her bed. I literally got a broom and started sweeping the piles of junk to one side. Yes, literally! Exasperated, I hollered at James, “Jamesy! Come help me get some of this crap out of here!” He came in, bent down and picked up a gum wrapper and handed it to me. “Here’s some crap.” I guess I should have seen that coming.
OK, here’s a little mushy-gushy for you. Scott and I were IMing while I was at work and I said to him, "you dont love me," to which he replied "yes i do." So i said "prove it" and he asked "how?" I said "come to my work and kiss me." He immediately he disappeared from my IM list and 5 minutes later he walked in my office and KISSED ME.
Clara’s officially in sixth grade. She’s in, as I may have mentioned before, ALL ADVANCED PLACEMENT classes. All of them. Unreal! I honestly don’t know how it will go, but so far, so good. Week Two is pretty smooth sailing so far.
Clara had her first real babysitting job two weekends ago. She got PAID I am telling you. She sat for Courtney’s boys, one of whom loved her the entire time and decided she was the pits about 10 minutes before Courtney came home because Clara refused him a second oatmeal pie. Courtney came home right in the throes of Lane’s wailing and poor Clara felt TERRIBLE. Courtney assured us that she did the right thing and that Lane was not supposed to have another oatmeal pie. Then she paid Clara big bucks and we all felt better about the sitch. Except Lane, I guess. Poor Lane.
So I have two goals this week. One: I am going to start painting and getting the office together. I am going to have an office! I mean WE. WE are going to have an office. Right now it is floor to ceiling pepto pink and we are doing a darkish gray. It’s going to be the bizzomb. Two: I am going to blog more. I have so many things I want to remember and while I love to make my audience laugh till they pee, I mostly do this so I can look back and remember the good ol’ days, and so that my kids can see that I truly did love them and think they were the bees knees when they were kids. OK, bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment