Scott? Cheating on me???
Scott and I went to Subway a few days ago (by the by, James loves Subway but he doesn’t call it Subway. To him, the restaurant is called Eat Fresh) and I was in front of him in line. The Sandwich Lady grunted at me about which kind of cheese and veggies I wanted (none and lettuce/tomato/onion/banana peppers/may I please have some more banana peppers/more, like twice that much), like seriously grunted, I wasn’t even sure at first she was addressing me.
Then it was SCOTTY’S turn and she was sunshine and rainbows as she greeted him with a smile and a friendly hello (chirped, not grunted) and knew *exactly* which cheese and veggies he wanted on his sandwich. Then she says “so…where’s your other half?”
***record screeching*** WHAT?????
He looks at me kind of weird and then he goes…”he’s at school, but here is my other other half” and points to me.
***resume pleasant chillax music*** OHHHHH she meant James.
But guess who was sweet as honey to yours truly after finding out that I belong to Dear Scotty? Grunty Sandwich Lady, that’s who!
Do you know what Scott got me? He got me a cleaning lady for every other week! OMG this is like a dream come true. I honestly cannot express what this means to me. I am constantly stressing about the state of my house. I pick it up every single day. Lots and lots of picking up, I mean LOTS. I do at least one load of laundry every day. I know that tons of people pick up and clean their houses all the time but I was so overwhelmed at the amount to do. So anyway, picking up – it gets old but I can deal with it. It was the actual cleaning that did me in. I’d try to make lists and assessments but as soon as I realized how filthy everything was I’d kind of give up and curl up in a ball and zone out and NOTHING ever got CLEAN.
Now – my house is sparkling. Just sparkling! And, I’ve kept up with it every day. I still do the picking up and laundry – but it is so much easier to KEEP something clean. And, I also know that in 2 weeks, she will be back and if I get behind, it will BE OKAY! She’s coming back!
And this lady was at my house from 930 in the morning until 330, with her helper. Then she stayed about 2 hours after her helper left, still going! I cannot believe the things she thought to clean that I never would have. Anyway, after all that, she only charged 125 for that really deep cleaning. I couldn’t believe it. Anyway, this is the best gift Scott could give me. Really. I feel so much less stressed out. Isn’t that ridiculous? I can’t help it.
I am back into crocheting! I really like doing it, and I wish I was better at it. I guess the only way to be better is to keep doing it. I just finished a camo Christmas stocking for Scott and I’m working on Looney’s. After that, Andrew will be the only one who needs a crochet stocking to fit in! See, my dad’s dad, Granddaddy, crocheted everyone in the family a stocking. Even my two kids each have one, even though they were born after Granddaddy died. When I was born, Granddaddy gave me a quick stocking and then took his time making one with my name crocheted into it, so I ended up with two. I gave one of mine to Clara. And my brother James had a beautiful stocking that my mother let me have to give to my James. It’s definitely the most special one in the entire family. My James is so lucky. Anyway, I wanted everyone to have one, so I’m doing it. The ones I am making are plain, and have no names on them. I am just not there yet. It’s still nice of me, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This...after the necklace and hairpin in the sink? I'd get rid of him...quick.
Post a Comment