Monday, June 18, 2012

F-burg


Warning! This post is probably going to be super boring to anyone who is not me :)



What a weekend!

Jennifer and I finally arrived in Fredericksburg around 630 and met Kristen and Adrienne at Fredericksburg Brewing Company at 7. I had some great beers and a couple of the hottest fried pickles in the world, and then we moved on to a German restaurant where we each tried something different. I had the traditional bratwurst with spatzle and sauerkraut. I felt so…cultured! And it was deeeee-licious!

We asked our waiter where we should go after dinner, and he suggested a place across the street that would be open until 2am and that has live music every night. Oh, and that is filled with people “our age”…meaning HIS age and my and my friends’ ages. Which I figured had about 15 years between the two, with ours being the higher number. Turns out he was 25 years old and I decided he was my favorite person in the whole world!

We went to the little bar and had a couple of cocktails (ok. some of us had more than others) and then back to the hotel, where we acted like idiots at a slumber party (ok, so that’s exactly what it was) and then finally went to bed. Kristen and Adrienne in one bed, and Jennifer, me, and a ghost in the other bed (as evidenced by the orbish creature spooning with Jennifer in the picture I took with my phone).

Next day we ventured to Luckenbach, Texas. We headed down the road, and we all must have blinked the first time we came up on the tiny town, because we passed it and had to turn around. We followed some traffic to a parking lot, not knowing REALLY what we were doing or where we were going. We knew there was a concert there that night and we were concerned that we were about to accidentally park in the concert lot and get stuck. Oh well…so what, right? Anyway, we follow the herd of cars, park, and then follow the herd of people right through a booth where we were asked for five dollars each for entry. Entry to what? We didn’t know, and we didn’t ask! Why? I DON’T KNOW! We each paid our five bucks, had a bracelet slapped on our wrists, and were given a “voting paper.” Upon examination of the voting paper, we realized we’d just paid to go to the Luckenbach car show. Yippee! Best girls’ trip ever! Turns out we would have had to pay anyway to get to the t-shirts we wanted to buy, but it just cracked me up that we ended up at a car show on accident. Does it crack you up???

We went through the store and bought some goodies for ourselves and our families, posed for a couple of photos, and headed back to Fredericksburg. We shopped, and shopped, and shopped and shopped. I bought myself the most ridiculous necklace that pretty much covers my entire chest in pink, green, and blue stones. In the shape of a peacock. I LOVE IT. The girls talked me into buying a maxi dress with a peacock theme. I am just not used to wearing maxi dresses and I must have waffled for 30 minutes about buying it. I’m very glad they were able to persuade me, as I decided that it is a fantastic dress. Yay! We bought some more stuff for ourselves and our families, basically had a lunch of samples at a gourmet food store, and headed back to the motel to rest and get ready for dinner.

I ended up doing all hair and makeup for the evening and it took us three plus hours to be ready. By the time we walked out of the room, I think there was one restaurant still serving. Thank goodness, because otherwise I don’t think we would have tried this particular restaurant, and it was incredibly delicious! I tried Weiner schnitzel that night and it was awesome! I think I enjoyed my bratwurst just a tad more. But only a tad!

The four of us were dead tired and I wasn’t sure if we would even do anything after dinner, but since we’d spent so much time getting ready, we thought it would be a waste to NOT go out and do at least a little something. So we headed back to the bar from the first night. This time, we ended up befriending three couples who just happened to be staying at our same motel. We had a blast with them and wished that we had met them the night before when we were rarin’ to go and not dying to go to bed. We hung out as long as we could, then went back to our room where I think we all slept like the dead for about 4-5 hours.

We all got up and left Fredericksburg before 8am on Sunday and made it home at a decent hour to spend some time with our husbands/dads for Fathers’ Day. I promptly passed out on the couch for a couple of hours. I just could NOT make myself get up.

So, that’s our Fredericksburg trip in a nutshell. I have left out some details…some because they are just too tedious to write about, and some because they are embarrassing. HAHA.

Can’t wait to go back…seriously. I’d like to go back maybe with Scott….or my sisters…or the girls again :)

No comments: