OK! I have another dream for you. This was last night's dream. Well, really more like this morning's dream. Because it was happening as my alarm went off.
I dreamed that I was taking a shower in my shower that I really have in my bathroom. Weird thing is...it was a vehicle. I was driving south on Cooper Street in my shower. It had a little steering wheel and a button that said "STOP" for the brake. I have no idea why I was in the shower, but I was naked...and my shower is fully surrounded by glass. I got a little self-conscious so I sat down in the shower. At least people could then only see my naked upper body, instead of my lower privates. Lower privates are much, much more private, don't you think?
Anyway, I was really ticked because someone had taken my conditioner out of the shower. Suddenly I hear cop sirens and start looking around, realizing that they might be coming after ME, since I was just buzzing through lights and down the street with no steering, no paying attention to red lights or other cars. Thankfully, I had not broken any laws and the sirens alerted me to the traffic jam ahead of me. Whew! I pushed the "STOP" button and squealed to a stop right behind a port-a-potty. The cop started looking around at everyone in their cars, and I was a little ashamed of my nudity. Being the professional he was, he didn't blink an eye. That's when I woke up.
So, what do you suppose that is all about?
**********************************************************
If you know me well, you may know that I love family traditions. Christmas morning is spent at Mom's and Dad's. It's such a given that Santa always comes to their house instead of ours. Every year on the kids' and Scott's birthdays, we make posters for each other. This was started by my mother. We have posters all over the house, behind dressers, under beds, etc. from years gone by. Anyway, just a couple of examples that show how I adore tradition.
James is certainly his father's son. What a salesman. Last night he pitched me the following: "Mom, I think you should take me Lego shopping on the third Wednesday of each month during the summer."
"Uh, wha?" I said.
"Yeah. It would really be *fair*. And it would be a *tradition*."
Haha, if there are two things I honor, they are fairness and tradition. How can I say no? Well, I didn't. I am just hoping he forgets about it.
************************************************************************
Clara recently tried out and made the track team. She is doing shot put and discus. I know NOTHING about track or shot put or discus, except that Stacie did shot put in jr. high as well. I guess I'm about to learn! It's been really fun for me to see her try all these different sports (since she started 7th grade, she's done cross country, basketball and now tract), and I think it has been fun for her too. Who knows if she will continue to do any or all of them, but the fact that she's getting some exposure to a little of everything really tickles my ribs.
************************************************************************
Well, Scott and I are kidless yet again tonight. Clara will be with Doug and James is spending the night with Kim. Yay! But...Scott is SO busy with work, we probably wont get to do anything. BOO! Even if we DO do something (haha - DO do), we'll more than likely be home and in bed by 11pm. That's just how we do these days. That's ok. It's nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment