Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Clara and I saw Blind Side last night. It was a super duper movie. Like – really good. I recommend it.

Speaking of recommendations…this $1 nail polish I bought at Payless Shoes really is staying on my nails! I think tomorrow will be one week and there are zero (yes you read that right) chips in this nail polish. Granted….the color on the tips of my nails was wearing off. But JUST on the very tips. And my nails were too long anyway so I filed them a little and you can’t tell at all.

Another disclosure: I actually don’t know if it’s the nail polish or the top coat I put on, but my nails seem…like the scratch easily? I mean as in it’s easy to scratch the nail. Like the polish isn’t hard. Does that make sense? I know, not really, because it hasn’t chipped or anything, but that’s the only way I can think to describe it. I’m inclined to think it’s the topcoat, but then again, the topcoat is OPI and it was like a million dollars. So I really don’t know.

Anyway.

Something I do NOT recommend is to think that your baby son is perfect and that he will never mess up. Don’t get me wrong, he’s NEAR perfect. I mean it. But…I think we are having some defiance issues for the first time in his little bitty life.

The other day, he was eating a PB&J (just for funsies, let me throw in that he calls Pedialyte PB&Lyte), and the dog took his sandwich and ate it! He came in cuh-rying and his daddy said he’d make him a new one. Meanwhile, James got the notion that he wanted some sorbet. He begged for some and we told him that he could not have some now, but that he could have some later IF he stopped whining about it.

So Scott finished the sandwich and handed it to James, who promptly went to the garbage and THREW.IT.IN. “I told you, I didn’t want a sandwich! I want sorbet!!!”

Scott looked at me and growled, “you better handle this.” He was absolutely livid and he knew it was a better idea to let me handle it. LOL.

Anyhoo, James’s teacher told us the next day that she’s been having problems with his defiance. And I promise you, that is just not the James we know and love. I’m hoping we get past this REALLY quickly.

Clara’s dorky as ever. When I picked her up from school yesterday, she had three stick-on reinforcements on her face. I asked her why. She answered “because I put them there.” LOL. Well, no doy. So I let her keep them on all afternoon and silently hoped that she would forget they were there and wear them to the movie. :) But alas, she ain’t no dummy, and she remembered.

No comments: