Friday, March 6, 2009

Confidence

It's interesting to me how much more confidence I have now that I am older. I mean, now that I have lived a few years, I have wrinkles, I am in worse shape, and while I DO know more now, I sure thought I knew it all then. So...why was I so unsure of myself? Why was I afraid to speak up in certain situations? Why did I let so many idiot dudes (IDIOT DUDES) walk all over me? I don't know. But I like the confidence of being older. I guess I realized that the thing I thought mattered back then TOTALLY don't. It will not affect my life for the checker at 7-11 to see me without makeup. It won't hurt me if I forget to make a deposit and one of my debit card doesnt work at the store, in front of a lot of people. I mean - *I* know I have the money, I know it'll be okay, and none of those people are ever, ever going to think about what just happened again. As long as I have backup payment methods, I just really don't care.

This confidence allowed me to save about five bucks yesterday! I took James to get a reward for not waking us up once for the last 7 nights. To those who don't know, this is HUGE for us. We haven't slept in forever. Anyway he took about an hour looking up and down the aisles at the store, up and down, up and down. He finally settled on a Spongebob Operation game. Cool! We went to the checkout and the guy couldn't get the game to scan. "That was on sale for 13.99 if that helps," I said. He finally keyed the code in manually and the price popped up. I happened to glance up at it and saw that it had registerd for over 18 dollars! "Oh, no," I told the guy, "I don't know why it's ringing up like that, but it' IS definitely 13.99." (See, right there, I saved myself 5 bucks, where, when I was 19, I'd have said nothing because I wouldn't have wanted to call attention to myself or argue with a cashier.) Luckily, this guy didn't argue, he just entered in some code and then put in the price. SCORE!!

Today we went to the same store to look around. James LOVES to just spend tons of time wandering around looking at toys. "MOMMY. COOL. LOOK. AWESOME." And he knows all the names of all the guys. "Look, Mom, it's HoodenHeedenFeeferFloffy from Roliodeeparkenstarken." All was fun and games till we walked by the Spongebob Operation game, parked a few feet away from the Spongebob Connect Four, and I realized that I had stolen nearly five dollars the day before. It was the stupid Connect Four game that was on sale.

So.

Being the honest person that I am, I pondered what I should do about the situation. And then, I honestly forgot about it by the time we left the store.

Sorry, store.

Don't hate me.

1 comment:

Steecay said...

Well, being the honest person that I am, I called the cops and you should be expecting a visit sometime soon.