Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Every rose has it's thorn.

Welp. Clara's at the orthodontist's office getting braces right now! I will post a picture of her asap. She's so super duper excited. I am excited for her. She hasn't slept the past two nights.

I'd like to note that I have two more confirmed blog readers! Kristen and Grandma D both emailed me about my last post, and if you know Grandma D, you know how hilarious it was to find an email from her with the subject line "dammit" in response to the blog :) I LOL'd.


As Kristen, Grandma, Jennifer and Stacie know, James loves to dress up. He found an old pair of tights that Clara wore when she was his age, and he has taken them as his own tights. But now, they are SUPERMAN tights. Nevermind that they are off white and not blue. He has a set of Superman boxer briefs and undershirt, wife-beater style. He loves to put on the tights and the Superman set, and then any cape that is available. On Sunday alone, he had pillowcase cape, a tiger print silk scarf cape and a pink and purple polka dot silk scarf cape throughout the day.
He did feel troubled, though, when I showed him a picture of Superman on the internet. His costume has briefs instead of boxer briefs over his tights. In James terms though, this is known as "underwear pointing down." So we had to roll up his boxer briefs up inside themselves and the result was some french cut 80's bikini bottom look, but hey, James was happy, so whatevs.


My son is SUCH a momma's boy. If he needs anything, and I mean anything at all, from needing his bottom wiped to a cup of juice, if daddy offers to assist him, he lets him know, "I want Mommy to do it. I love her more." Haaaaaaaaaa! Also, don't you talk bad about his momma. He WILL come after you. Steph and I were sitting on the back porch with him yesterday and he started to go inside. He almost had the door closed behind him and Steph said something about me being mean. He whirled around, whipped that door back open and stormed over to her and LET. HER. HAVE. IT! Thanks Jamesy!


When I left for work late last week, as I was pulling out of the driveway, my cell phone rang. It was Scott. James was really upset because he had wanted to tell me something before I left, so I pulled back in the drive and waited for him to come out. "Mom," he began, "I just wanted to tell you that you need to CALL ME if you get into any danger." To the rescue!!!


So, every single time I go to the gym I wear a bandana around my forehead to keep out the sweat. And I almost always go with my makeup on and end up washing my face before I get in the sauna. Why don't I just wash my face before I go? I honestly don't know. It's like, I am in a hurry to get to the gym and I don't want to mess with it, but I appreciate the break between my workout and the sauna to wash my face. Whatever. Anyway. As I left the house wearing all black workout gear, a bandana and heavy black eyeliner, I stopped in my tracks, backed up, went inside the front door and saw Scott standing in the dining room. "Oh my gosh, I look just like Brett Michaels, don't I?" Scott peered at me and said, "well, actually, you kinda do."
LOL! See?





2 comments:

Steecay said...

gmail.Shut up, Shannon. That IS you!!!

Unknown said...

OMG crack the blank up!!! hahahahaha SEEEEEE why you HAVVVVEEEEE to keep your blog up I just can't get enough :)