I had a bad day yesterday. A really bad day. Thank goodness for my mom! I called her in hysterics at one point in the day and she was with someone at work. When she finally was able to call me back, I was getting James ready for bed…James, by the way, was an amazing little boy when I was upset. He followed me around the house as I paced and tried with all I had to keep my cool, not cry, not scream and not put my fist through the wall. The entire time, even though for the first 10 minutes or so, I was too upset to even acknowledge him properly. But he never gave up. “Mommy!” he would say, “you don’t have to be upset anymore! Look! I am being soooo funny!” and the he would act like a monkey or make funny faces or babble nonsense…Finally, after about 10 minutes, I calmed down and I felt so so so thankful that my boy was there for me, and that he never stopped trying to make me happy again.
Anyway, as I was saying, when Mom called back, I was busy with James and couldn’t really talk about it in front of him. I texted her and told her a little bit of what happened and then told her I would call when James went to bed. Mom actually called me back about 8pm and said, “are you busy? Can I come by? I have something to show you.” Curious, I told her to come on by and she showed up with a big white trash bag, filled to bursting with something, I couldn’t tell what. Mom came in and held up the bag and said, “could you use some shoe therapy?”
Her friend Susan’s daughter Stacey wears the same size as me! SIZE GIANT! And she’s a single girl who has all the money in the world to spend on shoes, so these weren’t your ordinary worn out hand me down shoes…most of these were barely worn and ALL of them are a lot more high end than I am used to buying! Anyway, Mom and I tried on all the shoes and split them up and I now have about 7 “new” gorgeous pairs of shoes. Yay! I was just shocked, I have never known anyone with feet as big as mine who has such great shoes.
Clara’s finally getting better. She was really starting to freak out about having those braces for the next two years. She was in so much pain, she’d forgotten what it was like to NOT be in pain, and she could just imagine the next 24 months hurting that bad. She finally had some bread, rice and soft tacos yesterday, so I think the worst is over. Yay! She looks sooooooooooo cute. I will have to post a picture SOON!
Listen, I want to clear something up in advance. You might start hearing rumors about my mother around town. And I have a confession – I know who started the rumor. It was James. We saw a Mustang like hers, only it was not a convertible, and James said, really loudly, “MY Mimi has a car like that! But MY Mimi knows how to take her top off.
So, just a warning. In case you hear something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
uhhhh, did you save any shoes for me???? I KNOW you did.
HAHAHAHA Mimi knows how to take her top off :) HAHAHA and I am JEALOUS you got some awesome shoes!
Post a Comment