Oh my GOSH what is this bug that we all have?
I have never had anything like this in my life. I told you earlier that James and Clara did not feel well - I think that was Tuesday. Well today (Sunday) is the first day that James has not been sick. I got sick on Friday and Scott joined us last night. Last night was just awful for the two of us. There are some pretty funny details but they are just WAY TOO DISGUSTING to post. Sorry and you're welcome at the same time!
Well, Miss Belle was the last of our brood of four to hold out. I was really crossing my fingers for her to stay well, especially because of how proud she is of her perfect attendance record at school so far this year. But it just wasn't meant to be. She got out of the bathtub a few minutes ago and announced that she felt baaaaaaaaaad. So I told her to get on her jammies and we would figure out a good place for her to lie down where she'd be comfy. I brought her a bucket and told her that it might be wise, if she has time and the wherewithal, to sit on the toilet while she pukes in the bucket if the need arose. She immediately said "CAN I HAVE THE BUCKET??" and snatched it out of my hands while simultaneously running to the bathroom AND losing the towel in which she was wrapped, which was the only thing between her naked self and the cruel eyes of.... (dun dun dun) BOYS (James and Scott).
She didn't know whether to go back for the towel or keep running to the bathroom, and I said, "GO GO GO!" and sprinted in front of her yelling "STAY BACK!" to the boys of the house, then grabbed James out of the bathroom where he was brushing his teeth and all but threw him down the hallway, around the bend so he'd be completely out of Clara's way and she'd be completely out of his sight. Then I screamed at Scott to leave the vicinity and stay away! When Clara was safely in the bathroom behind the closed door, James came back and huffed, "NO fair! I was there first!" Ha ha! As if it's a normal thing for me to do.
So it was a really chaotic five or ten seconds - a stampede with a crazy leader who hurls little boys and screams at grown men, followed by a naked preteen carrying a bucket and trying not to puke - but no boys saw her naked boody. So I'd like to call it a success!
Scott has taken to wearing his long underwear pants lately. Sometimes he doesn't wear anything else. No shirt, just the thermal pants. It's a pretty funny picture if you can imagine. I call them his ballet tights.
This evening James saw Scott in his thermals and said "Daddy, WHY are you wearing...ballet tights?" Then he laughed for a long time, really pleased with himself. This prompted Scott to get on his tippy-toes, put his arms in a circle above his head, and twirl around. That made ME laugh for a long time. What dorks we are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ok yall are some funny and I mean FUNNY people..which is the reason your blogs are SO wonderful :) Poor Clara I mean what a horrible thing to happen...lose your towel and need a bucket while you sit on the pot...talk about probably the most tragic thing that could happen to an 11 year old...I can only imagine how horrified I would have been back then. I heart you Shannon and all your blog writing skills!
Hey, you're a pretty dang good writer, for a girl! Seriously: most chicks who write, write about their families. While each of us may (occasionally) find our own home-life engaging, excitement is the rarest flower to bloom in someone else's yard. Kudos!
Post a Comment